What people don’t understand is that social media marketing is under the umbrella of digital marketing.
Does that mean social media marketing is the child of digital marketing? Yes, that’s correct. Usually, people use both of these terms synonymously. But they don’t realize that social media marketing is just a subcategory of digital marketing.
This article will give you a better understanding of the differences between digital marketing and social media marketing. Before that, let’s discuss the basics of marketing and how it can help your business.
What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing is a broad field that promotes products/services on a web-based channel. Digital marketing includes email, social media, display advertising, search engine optimization, Google AdWords, and more. The ‘digital’ part of marketing simply means using digital media channels to promote your bussiness.
So, if you are thinking of promoting your services/products, you can opt for any of the marketing types below.
Main objectives of digital marketing?
The main goal of digital marketing is to attract more people to either visit your website or to purchase an item. Customized digital marketing objectives can be any of the following:
- Creating a Brand Awarenesses
- Promote your brand/products/service
- Gain more audience
- Add value and Gain trust
- develop a solid relationship with your following
The end goal is essential when creating a digital marketing strategy. If you successfully determine the type of audience and the most useful medium, you have done half of the work already.
Digital marketing is an immense field. It is subdivided into many categories, one of which is social media marketing itself. Business storytelling marketing includes 4 exceptional examples of brands that succeeded in digital marketing.
Types of Digital Marketing with Examples
1. Search engine optimization (SEO)
One of the basic and the most used digital marketing strategy is the SEO. If you have a website for your products, SEO is the best way to gain traffic without extra money. You have to optimize the content and website such that Google’s algorithm gets you on the top.
It is very crucial to understand the type of audience you need for your products. You will then optimize and write the content, keeping in mind those people and their caliber. Wanna know more about SEO?
It is divided into on-page and off-page SEO. In On-page SEO, the main focus is on content delivery, but in Off-page SEO, the focus is one link that we can get from other websites. It can be from guest blogs, podcasts, or any other way.
It is a time taking method for sure. If you write the right content, give it proper time, be patient and hardworking, then start paying off in 4 to 6 months.
2. Social media marketing
Social media marketing involves using social networks such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and many more. These platforms are being used by more than half of the world population.
Many small businesses that cannot afford to build a website tend to use social media to promote their products. You can find many small companies selling many different products on Facebook and Instagram. They are using the primary digital marketing strategy, but it pays off due to the audience available on those networks.
You can add images and content that people like so they engage with your page. Then you can play the trick to introduce different services that those people might find interesting and end up purchasing them.
It is free of cost. It only requires a plan and hard work to make it work. You can further use the ads strategy when your business grows to reach more people. It is also a useful technique used by many companies today.
Moreover, you can check the 5 facebook algorithm hack to get more engagement. If you are utilizing Facebook for your marketing, then this will surely help you increase your engagement.
2. Pay per click (PPC)
The pay per click or PPC is how we can attract visitors to our website or social network. It is mostly used for search engines. The person has a pay a small fee for every visitor that clicks on a particular ad.
These ads can be inside a website or in search engines. It is not free and can cost you a lot of money without any gain if not done correctly. It would be best if you did comprehensive research and planning to use this channel of digital marketing. It is profitable only if it is done correctly.
3. Content marketing
Content marketing is the use of articles, blogs, guides, etc., for our advantage. There are millions of people searching for millions of different things online. You can create a blog or article on a particular topic, and every time a person visits it, you will get paid.
Content marketing also needs SEO for it to work entirely. Combining the perfect content with perfect SEO, you can make your website a fortune for yourself.
4 . Affiliate marketing
Affiliate marketing is the promotion of the products and services of any other website or seller. As you might have heard the Amazon’s affiliate program, that is famous in this industry.
You can promote someone else’s products and services, and in return, you will get a significant commission determined by the seller for every sale made from your link. Today people are using it to earn a lot of money.
5 . Marketing automation
Marketing automation is software that allows you to handle different social media platforms from a single place. You can manage your email marketing and content marketing from it simultaneously.
You can use it to speed up your work. It will help ease up the burden, and you can easily find everything you want in a single place.
How does social media marketing tie into digital marketing?
By now it should be clear to you that social media is just a sub-category of digital marketing. However, here is what social media marketing differentiates from in digital marketing:
- Social media marketing is limited to online functions and digital marketing can be work with online/offline channels such as radio or text messages.
- Social media marketing requires a good content strategy and engagement of the community in order to succeed. With digital marketing, you can place one type of advertisement across different channels.
Benefits of social media marketing –digital marketing
There are a few reasons to consider social media marketing above all others. These reasons include:
- Content-type: You don’t have to create unique or new content. You can use the pre-existing articles and images in which people would be interested. But the part is how you present them that they would get interested in what you will offer afterward. Sit back, create a plan and use the existing content to your benefit.
- Communication: it is much faster to reach and communicate with existing and potential customers. You can ask for feedback that will increase your brand’s trust and credibility. You can invite people to question about what they want and can engage them to your benefit.
- Unlimted posts: There is no limit on the amount of stuff you can post. Make sure to create a monthly plan to don’t end up spamming or getting out of the scene. Keep your audience engaged with new content every day, and it will prove to be beneficial.
- No costs: For beginners, social media marketing doesn’t cost a penny. It’s all about building relationships and communicate with customers on social channels. Once you have built a strong foundation with your customers on social media you can then proceed to paid social media marketing.
If you have a small business, you want to learn digital marketing for small businesses to successfully promote your business.
Which one? digital marketing or social media marketing?
Whether you should go with digital marketing as a whole or just a part of it (social media marketing). This is your choice, identify what your main goal is and then make the decision. It depends on the outcome and end goal.
For example, if you want to target an entrepreneur or an employee, then you should use email marketing. If you want to target the youth, then social media can be a great option. It entirely depends on your services/products, you should wisely choose the best solution that suits you.
Top social media marketing companies
We have compiled the top social media marketing companies that you can help achieve your goals. Go through each of them and choose one of the paid social agency that best suits your requirements.
1. SMO in digital marketing: Social media 55
Social Media 55, an award-winner, is a digital marketing agency with a team of highly experienced people. They provide ideas and innovative campaigns to reach more people.
You can customize a plan to promote your business. The agency strictly sticks to your needs and delivers the results. If you plan to start a startup and need an agency to carry out all the operations, it is the best choice.
It varies from 100$ to 10,000$ according to your budget.
- Best Social Media Marketers in the entire industry
- Have mastered nano-targeting in digital marketing
- Have worked for many renowned people
- Most experienced Marketers
2. Sculpt paid social agency
It is the most reliable Social media marketing agency best for B2B. They offer free and paid social media options.
Their services include:
- Brand awareness
- Lead generation
- Audience growth
- Social media consultation
The pricing is different for campaigns and consulting. They charge 3500$ per month for the campaigns and 5000$ for teaching you all about social media marketing.
- One of the best marketers
- Empower their team with the knowledge
- Can change the pricing according to budget
- Will provide guaranteed results
3. LYFE marketing paid social marketing
Is another great paid social media marketing agency. They offer PPC management, social media advertising, and search engine optimization services.
They use proven techniques to increase engagement on social platforms. They recently increased the sales by 714% for online brands.
The base price of it is 1,000$, which is very reasonable as compared to other agencies.
- Quick and Responsive
- Passionate about their work
- Best social media marketing results
- Highly professional and honest
Can sometimes miss the deadline due to workload
4. The good marketer SMO agency
The Good marketer is a result-oriented agency born because of non-truthful marketing agencies. They work on being honest and using the best practices to ensure growth in your business.
They work on three values: Transparency, Flexibility, and Affordability making it a great social media marketing agency for beginners.
50$ – 99$ per hour or over 1000$ per project.
- Transparent and Honest
- Highly affordable
- Best for medium to small-sized businesses
- Drive traffic and conversions
In the era of increasing social networks use, social media marketing can be a huge game-changer. This industry is still evolving, so learning all about it in time can be very beneficial.
Now it’s your turn to choose which channel of digital marketing best suits your business or products. I have given the best agencies the bonus heading to grow and increase your business successfully.