As a marketer your job entails generating consumer interest into the products and services of your clients.
But creating a clear marketing plan for your clients may be easier than creating such a plan for yourself.
You’re lucky to be in marketing. Really.
As opposed to so many other professionals who have to worry about doing their own job in addition to doing their marketing, you’re job is all about marketing. This means that the second you become an influencing marketer, you will have proven your marketing prowess and on your way to becoming a successful marketer, for yourself as well as your clients.
So how are you going to do it?
You’re a marketer. You already know that lead generation can take different forms. The two I’m going to discuss in this article are:
- Social Media
Social media, as you know will provide you with the opportunity to reach out and communicate daily with your target audience, on a personal basis.
But as a marketer, it’s also important that you establish yourself among marketers.
- You should already have a Twitter account, LinkedIn account and Facebook page.
- Keep up-to-date by following influencers.
- Follow talented marketers who have something interesting to say (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook), become a part of marketing communities (LinkedIn and Facebook).
- Start engaging. By sharing top-notch content you’ll create engagement with your prospects and gain followers, which will make you into an influencer.
Not the billboard type. I’m talking about very focused advertising.
Google Adwords, LinkedIn Ads and Facebook Ads offer target advertising schemes that can suit the budgets of small businesses. Often they are based on a cost per click business model.
With Google Adwords you can target search words, geographic location and the language of your target audience while Facebook Ads can make sure you reach the right audience by targeting according to age, gender, and/or specific pages that your target audience liked. By advertising on LinkedIn Ads you’ll be able to tailor advertising by job title, industry and company size, seniority, age, gender or by the particular Linkedin groups your target audience belongs to.
Your advertising possibilities are endless. Think about your ideal client, your target prospects and your budget. Advertise.
Your next steps:
- Open a Twitter account, LinkedIn account and Facebook page for your business.
- Follow influencers.
- Follow talented marketers.
- Become a part of marketing communities.
- Create engagement and gain followers.
- Advertise to your ideal prospects with GoogleAdwords, LinkedIn Ads and Facebook Ads.
- HootSuite is a social media management system that will help you keep track of and manage the networks you join.
- Quora is where business people meet to ask serious business questions. By providing informed answers to questions related to marketing, you’ll be able to establish yourself as an expert and influencer and generate leads.
- Act! is an easy to navigate customer management system designed to make you more efficient and profitable. It will help make following up on your new client relationships easy.