You might not recognize the name or the face, but the fact that you’re on the WiseStamp site reading this right now means that you’ve seen some of her work.
Meet Merav, our very own graphic designer.
She’s here today to talk to us about her artistic endeavors, what she does at WiseStamp, and of course, email signatures.
1. Have you always been artistic? How did you get into the field of graphic design?
I’ve been drawing since I was a little girl, in part thanks to my older sister who exposed me to the art world.
I’ve always loved to imagine a better world and art was a chance to express my dreams.
And so, I decided to go to art school and turn my passion for art into my career.
2. Tell us a bit about what do you do at WiseStamp.
I’m part of the marketing and social media department. I design landing pages, banners, popups, email templates, and of course email signatures.:)
3. What is your favorite part of working at WiseStamp?
I really like the people at WiseStamp. They’re special, nice, professional, down to earth, and good-hearted (which is one of my favorite attributes).
I really love being challenged, and I feel that I am learning every day.
I also love what I do.
4. As a designer, what’s your favorite WiseStamp feature?
I love the ability to add your latest images to the Instagram app and creating banners.
5. Can you give us some expert thoughts as to what makes an attractive and effective signature?
It’s best to think about the combination of the colors in the image and the colors of the background.
For example, a primary color and its secondary color work well together (pairs like red and purple (or orange), blue and green (or purple), or yellow and orange (or green).
To be effective, a signature should include social media icons and evidence of a web presence. When you’re creating your signature, take advantage of banners and other apps that will boost marketing.
6. If you could create a signature for anyone in the world, real or fictional, from any time period, who would it be for? Why?
7. You’re known for being the WiseStamp DJ. Why do you like working with background music? How do you go about making your playlists?
Thank you for the nickname. I’ve adopted the office’s speakers and made them my own, but I know they really belong to everyone.
I always try to figure out which kind of music each person in the office likes so I can spoil them with it.
I have some playlists on YouTube arranged by genre. I have two playlists that I made especially for the WiseStamp office.
Music takes me to a pleasant and inspiring place, and of course, gives me happiness.
8. What are you most likely up to when you’re not at WiseStamp?
When I’m out of the office, I like to ride my bike, meditate, paint, sculpt with Fimo clay and write songs and short stories.
I also love hanging out with family and friends.
9. Tell us something about yourself that we may not know.
One of my dreams is to do a stand-up routine. I really enjoy making people laugh.
Bonus Question: What’s your favorite book?
Thanks for chatting with us, Merav!
If you have questions for Merav, leave them in the comments!