Email Signature for CEO – The 7 Rules You Must Follow
You are the CEO of an organization. Your position demands both vision and trust. That’s why it is important to know the email signature for CEO rulebook. Below are some useful tips for any CEO creating an email signature:
- Name: Use your middle initial as recent studies show that a middle initial is associated with higher intelligence
- Title: In your title, be clear in stating that you are the company’s CEO
- Link: Write your business name, and if applicable, its logo and website
- Email: Displaying your email address is optional as your email is readily available to the recipient and if he wants to reply, he will just hit ‘reply’ and therefore doesn’t need it as a point of reference for communication.
- Photo / Logo : Although optional, it is highly recommended to display a photo giving your email signature a more personal touch. People like to be reminded that there’s a real live person on the other side of the email. If the goal of the email is to brand your business, a logo may be more appropriate
- Colors: Mix and match colors to brand your signature. This will make you stand out from the crowd.
- Social: Provide easy access to your social profiles (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) enabling the recipient to stay connected with you on a professional and social level.