Last Revised: June 17th 2019
You are not legally required to provide us with any personal data, but without it we will not be able to provide you with the full range of Services or with the best user experience.
- Types and Methods of Data Collection.
- Use of Data
- Sharing Information with Third Parties
- Cookies and Tracking Technologies
- Data Location and Retention
- Data Subject Rights
- Data Security
- Children’s Privacy
- External Links
- Questions, Concerns or Complaints?
1. Types and Methods of Data Collection
We collect the following main types of data (which, to the extent it relates to an identified or identifiable individual, is deemed as “Personal Data“):
- Data automatically collected or generated about a person: when someone visits, interacts with or uses our Services, including any e-mail or text messages sent to them by us or via our Services (and any e-mails including e-mail signatures generated via our Services), we may collect or generate certain technical data about them. We collect or generate such data either independently or with the help of third party services (as detailed in Section 4 below), including through the use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies (as further detailed in Section 5 below).
Such data mainly consists of technical or aggregated usage data, such as IP address, non-identifying data regarding a device, operating system and browser, traffic source and user activity on our Services. We do not use such data to learn about a person’s true identity or contact details, and it mostly serves us to better understand how people typically use and engage with our Services and to improve our marketing campaigns and engagements, as well as the overall performance of our Services.
- Data received from you: you may provide us with your Personal Data voluntarily, either directly (by submitting it yourself) or by signing up to our Services using your social network account (e.g. connecting your Facebook, Instagram, Etsy, Google or Twitter account to our Services) and selecting to grant our Services access to certain data available on such account(s) (“Social Account Integration“).
Such Personal Data typically includes account creation data (full name, e-mail address, hashed password), contact and professional information (name, company, position, e-mail address, phone and physical address), social profiles (links to your profile(s) on LinkedIn, Twitter and other social networks), and other data you choose to provide when you use our Services or contact us. If you choose to create (or upgrade to) a premium account, additional details (such as payment and billing information) may be provided, either to us or directly to such online payment processing services that we may use at such time (please see below regarding third party service providers).
Some of our Services also enable you to submit texts, images and similar forms of content, as part of your use of our Services, via ‘Contact Us’ forms, Support queries, etc. Such content may also include Personal Data, should you choose to submit it.
- E-mail account data and content: in order to use the WiseStamp and/or WiseStats Services, you will be required to link your User account with one or more of your e-mail accounts (e.g. Gmail), and permit our Services to automatically scan, analyze, identify and extract certain Personal Data in and from such e-mail accounts. Specifically, the following data will be saved to our Services: contacts information (e-mail sender, recipient(s), time of e-mail) This is done solely in order to provide you with such Services.
The specific access and use privileges requested are displayed in the notice which appears during the account linking process. Please read this notice carefully, and make sure that you understand which privileges are granted and what information you make available to us by linking your e-mail account(s).
- Data collected via e-mail signatures: when you use our WiseStamp service and integrate a generated signature in your e-mails, this allows us to collect non-personal data on such e-mails sent/received which contain WiseStamp-generated signatures, such as statistical data concerning e-mail usage. This is done by using standard e-mail tracking methods, such as measuring hyperlink clicks, embedding tracking pixels, and by using dedicated third-party services, such as Google Analytics.
- Data concerning your organization: If you create an organizational account, you may also provide us certain details concerning your organization, such as the organization’s billing details, main contact persons, and business needs and preferences. To the extent that such data concerns a non-human entity, we do not regard it as “Personal Data” and this Notice shall not apply to it.
- Non-personal (anonymous) Data: such Non-personal data does not and may not relate or refer to any specific individual, and we therefore do not regard it as “Personal Data” and may use it without restriction, for example to aggregate data for industry benchmarks or comparative performance metrics, that we might publish from time to time.
2. Use of Data
We use your Personal Data as necessary for the performance of our Services, for complying with applicable law, and based on our legitimate interests in maintaining, improving and promoting our Services and offerings, understanding how our Services are used or how our Users would like to use them, improving our client service and support operations, and protecting and securing our Services, ourselves and our Site visitors, clients, inventors and prospects.
Accordingly, we use Personal Data for the following purposes only:
– To facilitate, operate, and provide our Services;
– To authenticate the identity of our Users;
– To provide customer care, assistance and professional support;
– To further develop, customize and improve the Services, and to improve your user experience, based on common or personal preferences, experiences and difficulties;
– To enable or enhance certain social features of our Services;
– To enable and receive payment for our Services;
– To facilitate and improve our and our business partners’ marketing and advertising strategies and practices, and make them more effective;
– To send communications or otherwise make contact with general or personalized service-related notices, informational materials and promotional messages, in accordance with Section 8 below, and to facilitate, sponsor and offer certain events and promotions;
– To manage and deliver advertisements (whether ours or by third party advertisers) more effectively, including contextual, behavioral and interests-based advertising based on activity, preferences or other data available to us or to our business partners, including for re-targeting purposes, excluding however any activities or data relating to Google APIs;
– To manage and assess risk, support and enhance our data security measures, including for the purposes of preventing and mitigating the risks of fraud, error or any illegal or prohibited activity;
– To monitor aggregate metrics and create aggregated statistical data, inferred non-personal data or anonymized or pseudonymized data, which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services and offerings;
– To act as permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements; and
– To conduct any additional activities that may require the use of your Personal Data, for which we will request your specific approval in advance.
3. Sharing Information with Third Parties
We may share or otherwise disclose your Personal Data for the following reasons:
Legal Compliance: We may disclose or allow government and law enforcement officials access to Personal Data, in response to a subpoena, search warrant, court order or similar requirement, or in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Such disclosure or access may occur if we believe in good faith that we are legally compelled to do so, or that disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity, fraud, or other wrongdoing.
Service Providers: We may engage selected third parties to perform services complementary to our own (namely, hosting services, data analytics services, marketing and advertising services, data and cyber security services, payment processing services, user engagement services, e-mail distribution and monitoring services, session recording, and our business, legal and financial advisors) (collectively, “Service Providers”). These Service Providers may have access to your Personal Data, depending on each of their specific roles and purposes in facilitating and enhancing our Services, and may only use it for such purposes.
Protecting Rights and Safety: We may share your Personal Data with others if we believe in good faith that this will help protect the rights, property or personal safety of WiseBrand, any of our Users or any members of the general public.
Please note: WiseBrand may share your Personal Data in additional manners, pursuant to your explicit approval, or if we are legally obligated to do so, or if we have successfully rendered such data non-personal and anonymous. We may transfer, share or otherwise use non-personal data at our sole discretion and without the need for further approval.
5. Data Location and Retention
Data Location: Your Personal Data may be maintained, processed and stored by WiseBrand and our authorized affiliates and Service Providers in various locations, including in the United States of America, as necessary for the proper delivery of our Services, or as may be required by law.
WiseBrand is headquartered in a jurisdiction which is considered by the European Commission to be offering an adequate level of protection for the Personal Data of EU Member State residents.
Data Retention: We retain your Personal Data in order to maintain and expand our relationship, and to provide you with our Services. In other words, we will retain your Personal Data for as long as you remain our User and have not notified us otherwise. We will also retain your Personal Data further for legal and accounting purposes (i.e., as required by laws applicable to record and bookkeeping, and in order to have proof and evidence concerning our relationship, should any legal issues arise following your discontinuance of use), in accordance with our data retention policy. If you have any questions about our data retention policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that except as required by applicable law, we will not be obligated to retain your data for any particular period, and are free to securely delete it for any reason and at any time, with or without notice to you.
6. Data Subject Rights
If you wish to exercise your rights under applicable law (if any) to access, rectify, erase or port your Personal Data held with WiseStamp, or to restrict or otherwise object to its processing – please contact our Privacy team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that once you contact us by e-mail, we may require additional information and documents, including certain Personal Data, in order to authenticate and validate your identity and to process your request. Such additional data will be then retained by us for legal purposes (e.g. so we have proof of the identity of the person submitting the request), in accordance with the above.
In addition, please note that such rights (if any) are not absolute. There are instances where applicable law or regulatory requirements allow or require us to refuse to provide some or all of the Personal Data that we hold about you. In the event that we cannot accommodate your request, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
7. Data Security
We are committed to securing your Personal Data, and use various security measures to better protect it. These include industry-standard physical, procedural and electronic security measures, as well as encryption tools and methods where deemed appropriate. However, please be aware that regardless of the security measures used, we cannot and do not guarantee the absolute protection and security of any Personal Data stored with us or with any third parties as described in Section 4 above.
Service Communications: we may contact you with important information regarding our Services. For example, we may notify you (through any of the means available to us) of changes or updates to our Services, billing issues, service changes, password-retrieval notices, etc. You will not be able to opt-out of receiving such service communications.
Notifications and Promotional Communications: we may also send you notifications about new features, offerings and special opportunities or any other information we think our Users will find valuable. We may provide such notices through any of the contact means available to us (e.g. mobile push notifications or e-mail), through the Services, or through our marketing campaigns on any other sites or platforms.
If you do not wish receive such promotional communications, you may notify us at any time by e-mailing us at email@example.com or by following the “unsubscribe”, “stop”, “opt out”, or “change e-mail preferences” instructions contained in each of the promotional communications you receive.
9. Children’s Privacy
Our Services are not designed to attract children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children and do not wish to do so. If we learn that a person under the age of 16 is using the Services, we will prohibit and block such use and will make all efforts to promptly delete any Personal Data stored with us regarding to such child. If you believe that we might have any such data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Questions, Concerns or Complaints?