- “Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else’s.”
- “The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad. ”
- “It’s better to give than to receive. Especially advice. ”
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
- “Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.”
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.”
T. S. Elliot
- “All that we are is the result of what we have thought.”
- “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- You see things; and you say “Why?” But I dream things that never were; and I say “Why not?”
George Bernard Shaw
- A professional is someone who can do his best work when he doesn’t feel like it.
- Without hard work and discipline it is difficult to be a top professional.
- Part of the success of This American Life, I think, is due to the fact that none of us sound like we should be on the radio. We don’t sound professional; we sound like people you would know.
- Everything happens to everybody sooner or later if there is time enough.
George Bernard Shaw
- Lost time is never found again.
Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them.
- Time is money.
- Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you.
- “Those who have succeeded at anything and don’t mention luck are kidding themselves.”
- “Action is the foundational key to all success.”
- “What is success? I think it is a mixture of having a flair for the thing that you are doing; knowing that it is not enough, that you have got to have hard work and a certain sense of purpose. ”
- “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success. ”
- “Don’t aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally. ”
- “I honestly think it is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate.”
- “In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. ”
- Most people give up just when they’re about to achieve success. They quit on the one yard line. They give up at the last minute of the game one foot from a winning touchdown.
- Success has a simple formula: do your best, and people may like it.
- The ladder of success is best climbed by stepping on the rungs of opportunity.
- A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
- I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.
- Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.
- Information is not knowledge.
- Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense.
- Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant.
- The information is in the people, not in your head.
Edward T. Hall
- The most interesting information comes from children, for they tell all they know and then stop.
- Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.
- The winner is the chef who takes the same ingredients as everyone else and produces the best results.
Edward de Bono
- To open a shop is easy, to keep it open is an art.
- The men who have succeeded are men who have chosen one line and stuck to it.
- Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
- Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision.
- A joke is a very serious thing.
- If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?
- Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
- If something goes wrong at the plant, blame the guy who can’t speak English.