Gmail is one of the world’s most popular email clients with more than 1 billion active users. If you are among them, it’s time to make the most of your email account by adding a signature in Gmail. Email signatures are proven to boost conversions, email engagement, reply rates and social media engagement.
This time – we’ll focus on adding a signature in Gmail.
If you’re a Gmail user, you can set up your email signature in a matter of minutes! This simple task is well worth your time. There are two routes you can go:
-Create your signature in your Gmail settings
-Use an email signature generator
Let’s walk through both so you can have your Gmail signature up and running in no time!
How to add an email signature in Gmail using your Gmail settings:
1. Log into your Gmail account. (Note: If you have several Gmail accounts, choose the one that you want to add the signature to. The signature will appear in the account you use to set it up; it will not appear in any other Gmail account you may have).
2. Go to the “Settings” gear at the top right of your Gmail account. From the drop-down menu, select “Settings”
3. You will now see various “Settings” for your Gmail account. Stay in the “General” tab.
4. Scroll down to the “Signature” section and enter the details you would like to include in your signature.
- We recommend adding your name, title, name of the business, email, phone and social media links
- You can hyperlink text (like your email and social media links) by using the formatting bar
- We also recommend adding an image to your signature. Signatures with an image get more than 20% higher engagement than those without. Use the “Image” icon to insert your image (a headshot, product shot or company logo).
5. Once you’ve finished editing your signature, scroll down and click “Save Changes” at the bottom of the “General” settings screen.
That’s it! Now, every time you compose a new email, Gmail will automatically insert the signature you created into your message. If you want to edit or remove it, you can do so manually before you hit “Send” on your message.
How and why to add an email signature in Gmail using an email signature generator:
Another option for adding an email signature to your Gmail account is to use an email signature generator. Why go this route?
An email signature generator has these benefits:
-You can choose from several professionally designed templates
-You can add apps like calls-to-action and social media buttons that encourage your email recipients to follow you.
-You can add an animated GIF that catches more attention than a static photo
-You can edit and control formatting more easily and make sure to use a web-safe font.
-You can easily insert your signature into your Gmail with the click of a button!
Using an email signature generator is easy and free!
Here is how to use an email signature generator:
1. >> Go to the email signature generator
2. >> Choose a template
3. >> Enter your details
4. >> Add an image or create a GIF
5. >> Add apps (like calls-to-action and “follow” buttons for your social media)
6. >> Save your changes
7. >> Add the signature to your Gmail
8. >>Refresh your Gmail, and your signature will now automatically appear in new messages!