Create a Professional Gmail Signature
Make a professional impression with beautiful customized email signatures – for FREE. And add to your Gmail with just 1-click.
Add or change a signature in Gmail
- Open Gmail and click the gear icon in the top right corner – to open Settings
- Click ‘See all settings’ > scroll down till you hit the ‘Signature:’ section
- Click ‘Create new’ > name your new signature
- Use the Gmail signature editor to create your signature
- To set up automatic Gmail signatures for your New messages and/or Forward/Reply – look for ‘Signature defaults’ (directly below the editor)
- When you’re done – scroll down to the bottom of the page and hit ‘Save changes’
Further Outlook signature guides
How to create an email signature in Gmail
There are 3 ways to create your Gmail signature:
- Manually add a simple signature using the Gmail in-app editor – This option is found in Gmail’s settings. If this is your preferred option go ahead and read our 1-minute step-by-step guide on how to add a signature in Gmail.
- Use a Gmail signature generator – The easiest way to create a professional-looking signature for Gmail is by using a free generator. The WiseStamp Free Signature Generator is the best tool available for creating the best looking Gmail signature.
- Make your signature based on an existing signature template – This is a great option if you want to see what worked for other people before you. It’s also helpful to get a better understanding of what you want to get out of your signature before you start making it. Be sure to browse our Gmail signature templates to get inspired.
Gmail signature generator by Wisestamp
- Go to WiseStamp’s free email signature maker.
- Add your professional details.
- Go to the Templates tab > Choose a designed template.
- Go to the Social tab > add social media icons and links.
- Go to the Design tab > refine the design for your signature dividers, icons, and photo.
- Go to the Add-ons tab > add buttons, banners, legal disclaimer, Instagram gallery, and more useful features. You can add an image or a logo and a lot more.
- Click “OK I’m done”, and you’re set.
Emails sent with WiseStamp Gmail Signature Creator!
Free email signature templates for Gmail
How to make a professional Gmail signature
Gmail has fast become the most commonly used email platform provider. With over 1 Billion people using Gmail worldwide its surprising that so few people know about the possibility of creating an email signature for Gmail.
Even more, confounding is how little people invest in making a truly professional Gmail signature that will make them look credible and outstanding in the eyes of their peers.
This short how-to guide will shed some light on how you can make a great Gmail signature in no time.
What to include in your Gmail signature
- First and last name
- Job/Academic title
- A professional photo of you or logo of your company
- Business phone number
- Links to your professional social media profiles
- A link to your website and / or blog.
- Some form of call-to-action
What your signature should NOT include
- Images or quotes that take away from your professional image
- Weird, wacky hard to read fonts
- Inactive or badly kept social media accounts
- Confusing non-conventional job titles
5 top tips to create the best professional Gmail signature
While a professional signature will work in your favour, a poorly designed signature can work against you. Follow these 5 essential tips to ensure your signature’s success.
1) Get inspired:
We recommend starting your Gmail signature creation process by looking at some cool email signature examples that actual people use to positively stand out. At Wisestamp we see millions of signatures every year, made spontaneously by our users. If we remember these examples it’s because they work. We made these memorable examples into templates you can use as your own. Give them a look-see
2) Stand out visually:
To get people’s attention your Gmail signature block has to have either a splash of color or some movement to it. Many beautiful email signature designs use color, without being too colorful and appearing clownish. Our email signature tips page for graphic designers goes into how to do this in-depth.
Other than the color you can add a GIF for some eye-catching animation. Like with colors, the key is to make this addition blunt enough so that it will catch your reader’s eye but subtle enough so it wouldn’t be perceived as a nuisance (think about those flashing commercial banners in old websites that we all hate).
3) Stand out with a personal touch:
To add something from yourself can grant you big wins. It can influence people into seeing you as more honest, more authentic, and more approachable. But this can also go very wrong if you send the wrong message to the wrong people. So, think who you’re talking to and what about you will make them trust you rather than brush you off.
One way of adding a personal touch is by adding a positive or inspirational quote. This will give people a glimpse into your values. We have a whole library of quotes you can choose and add to your Gmail signature with a click of a button.
If quotes is not your thing, then another way to keep you in mind after reading your emails is to choose the right sign off for the specific person you’re addressing. To find the best sign offs, go see our archive of email sign off examples.
A really powerful way (and my personal favourite) to add a personal touch is by adding an animated or static handwritten sign-off above your Gmail signature. You can create your own with our hand signature generator (it’s cool).
Adding a hand signature gives your readers the sense that you invested yourself in that email. Because signing a document is something that you do when you care about the message inside a document. It implies that you care enough so that you want your name associated with it.
4) Set your signature a defined goal:
Before you run ahead and put the finishing touches on your signature, think a moment about what you want your signature to achieve. This will definitely affect what you decide to add to or remove from your final signature.
Go over some of our users’ email signature examples that use a call to action (CTA) to get leads and engagement from their Gmail signature. Then add the features you feel will best promote your goals, such as social media icons, a custom sales button, or a video thumbnail.
5) Set the stage for later engagement
Your Gmail email signature is the end of your email, but it doesn’t have to be the end of your recipients’ engagement with you. Even if you added a CTA as I advised in the previous tip you may still miss out. It’s fair to say that most people will not be primed to take you up on your offer, because the commitment may be too high for them at that point.
But your Gmail signature still offers you a great opportunity to build your relationship with your prospects and keep them close till they are ready to commit. You can do this by adding social media links to your Gmail signature block. You can also get great insights into how to use social media in your email signature to get the best results.
These little social icons may pull people in to engage with you on a high interest – low commitment setting, and you could slowly but surely convert them, from there, into loyal customers.
Does WiseStamp have a Black Friady discount for 2020?
Like every year, we have a great Black Friday deal for you. This is your opportunity to get a WiseStamp Pro subscription at 50% off. At a yearly price of $35, the value for money you get is unbelievable. If you’re looking for even more bargains, go check out our list of Black Friday SaaS deals.
How can I create multiple signatures in Gmail?
Click the gear icon in the top right of the screen to open Gmail’s Settings > Click “See all settings” > Find the “Signature” section on the page > Click the “New” button > Add as many supplementary signatures as you need > Scroll down to the bottom and click “Save changes”
How can I add an image or logo to my Gmail signature?
To insert an image to your Gmail signature open the Gmail signature section in Gmail’s settings > Click on the image icon in the signature editor’s toolbar > Upload an image from your computer without using a URL or you can add an image from the web via URL
How can I make my Gmail mobile signature the same as my computer's?
The quick answer is YOU CAN’T. Unless you’re using a very basic text signature we’re sorry to say that Gmail for Android and iOS does not support rich components like images, icons, and tables.
How can I manage my company-wide Google signatures?
It would be extremely difficult and time-consuming to try to manage your signature with the Gmail in-app editor. We advise that you use the Wisestamp G Suite signature manager to streamline and automate this effort for you. See service description and pricing.
How do I customize my signature in Gmail?
The best and easiest way to customize your Gmail signature with no knowledge in HTML or design is by using the Wisestamp free email signature editor. It’s so simple to use that you’ll have a fully customized signature in under 5 minutes.