According to The Guardian, “Facebook was launched in February 2004. By November 2011, an estimated 100 billion photographs had been shared via the social network. By April 2012, Facebook users were posting photographs at the rate of 300 million per day.”
Social media engagement is rising at head-spinning rates. That makes it even more important to keep up with the pace so as not to be left behind.
But how can you keep your finger on the pulse without spending your days combing through their Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter feeds?
The answer is simple. Save time by going straight to the source, the blogs themselves.
Following the right blogs is the best way to stay current with the latest photography trends, news, and innovation. There’s certainly no time or need to follow every photog blog out there; just the best ones.
Here are 7 of the best must-read blogs to stay in the know and ahead of the curve.
1. Digital Photography School – See this great blog for tips and actionable tutorials to help you stay on top of your game.
2. PetaPixel – The coolest blog on the Internet for photography enthusiasts! Get photo and camera news, reviews, and inspiration.
3. Photography Life – Photography Life provides various digital photography reviews, articles, tips, tutorials and guides to photographers of all levels.
4. Scott Kelby’s Blog – Scott Kelby is a popular professional photographer who shares great tips and insights daily.
5. Matt K Photography – Helpful insights from Matt K, Photoshop guy, photography and Photoshop instructor, and professional outdoor photographer.
6. Photograph Magazine – Your #1 source for photo-based photography exhibitions, events, news, reviews, profiles and resources.
7. Colby Brown’s Blog – Photography influencer, Colby Brown is a professional photographer, photo educator and author based out of Denver, Colorado.
We’re constantly updating our lists. Did we miss any essential blogs? What do you read and follow?