As a photographer, you absolutely need to build an online portfolio that showcases all your work in one. Here you will learn how you can promote photography online.
We keep hearing just how hard it is for people to try and find examples of their work scattered across the Internet.
Potential clients should be able to easily access your photography portfolio in one place. Making sure to promote your brand, your expertise, and who you are as a professional all in one.
By making your work more visible in search results and generate more business opportunities. Here, are the top portfolio platforms that are specifically for photographers. Let’s go!
The best platform to showcase photography
- 500px is a customizable portfolio-building tool that lets you showcase your work at the click of a mouse.
Tip: 500px has is a community and marketplace for you to sell your work.
- Behance empowers you to showcase your work amongst a community of creative professionals across industries.
Tip: Use Behance to create your portfolio, and is free of charge
- Photoshelter is a very popular platform for building online portfolios. You control the layouts, fonts, and images of your portfolio with ease.
Tip: The site draws customers to buy your photos.
- Foliolink is specifically for photographers and artists who want to seamlessly build professional portfolios and sell their work online.
Tip: Foliolink features iPad and iPhone shadow sites, e-commerce tools, and SEO.
- SmugMug is a digital photo sharing platform where you can showcase your work to a community of thousands of members.
Tip: For wider exposure, share your SmugMug account on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media channels.
- Pixpa is a portfolio-building site with hundreds of pre-designed templates to choose from with a single click.
Tip: Pixpa allows you to use your own domain name.
- Orosco is a portfolio-building tool that allows you to build professional portfolios and maintain them easily.
Tip: It’s popular among artists, designers, and architects.
- Squarespace is an easy-to-use option for creating a more robust website.
Tip: You can blog with it as well.
- About. me – is not designed just for photographers, It makes it easy for people to learn about you and see all of your content in one centralized web page.
Tip: It offers detailed stats on who visited your page, what they clicked on, and where they came from.
- Wix Wix can help web designers acquire new business and satisfy their clients in a speedy and professional manner.
- Tumblr is a great service to build your portfolio. It is a great place to find great design ideas and inspiration for new creative ones
Tip: Find inspiration on the following top Tumblrs for Photographers
- Folio Websites helps you create mobile and professional photography websites with a clean, clutter-free design.
Tip: Powered by WordPress, Folio Websites offers SEO benefits for better search ranking and mobile compatibility.
Where is the best place I can advertise my photography online?
In addition, to building your own unified portfolio, it is equally important to be active on social media channels. Why?
- These platforms have millions upon millions of users combined. You cannot miss out on reaching them.
- The more present you are on social media, the more of a digital footprint you make, and the more discoverable you’ll be in search engine results.
- Pinterest– A hugely popular visual discovery tool you can use to reach new audiences. Create Pinterest boards of your work.
- Youtube– Create a photo reel and upload it to Youtube.
- Instagram– The fastest growing social media site globally; don’t miss out. Upload and expose your photos on a regular basis.
- Flickr– People use Flickr to share and search for images. Share your photos under different licenses.
Keep in mind, the more content you share across social media, the more you will surface in different types of search queries. Over to you, where do you like showcasing your photos? Comment down below!