As the summer holidays creep closer (horaay!) we all look forward to some time away from the computer, possibly sitting in the garden (or the beach if you are lucky) with a great book, and a cold beer. But time off doesn’t necessarily mean you need to totally switch off. Using your holiday time to delve deep into a great book with tips to help you grow your business can take your holiday time from a break, to an opportunity for serious growth. Here’s my pick of the best books to help you grow your business- from inspiration to practical help with social media, marketing and customer service. 1. Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content, by Ann Handley As a business owner you do a lot of marketing writing. Make your writing sharper, smarter and more meaningful with this fantastic book by Marketing Profs Chief Content Officer Ann Handley.
2. Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind, by Al Reis and Jack Trout A must-read to understand customer communication, and business branding, including positioning your business goals vis a via your competitors.
3. Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products, by Nir Eyal This best-seller should be on your summer reading list to discover how to hook your customer on your product or service.
4. Contagious: Why Things Catch On by Jonah Berger There’s a good reason this book was named Best Marketing Book of 2014 by the American Marketing Association. Read it to learn how to increase referrals, and build and market popular products.
5. Likeable Social Media: How to Delight Your Customers, Create an Irresistible Brand, and Be Generally Amazing on Facebook (& Other Social Networks) by Dave Kerpen Dave really practices what he preaches when it comes to being the most likeable guy online. This summer read will help you connect better to your users or customers online, and teach you how to build a strong (and likeable) brand.
6. Be Our Guest: Perfecting the Art of Customer Service, by Theodore Kinni Learn from the Pros at Disney how to perfect customer service, and help your users fall in love with your brand. 7. Maximize Your Social: A One-Stop Guide to Building a Social Media Strategy for Marketing and Business Success, by Neal Schaffer Neal is one of the leading experts today in all things social ,so his book is a must-read for any business owner. Pick this up over the summer and you can ramp up your social (and your profits) come September.
isn’t enough just to be using social media. In order to utilize it effectively for your business you’ll need to develop your unique voice. Kim is the expert on turning social media into a communication tool that can benefit your business.
9. Scaling Up Excellence: Getting to More Without Settling for Less, by Robert I. Sutton and Huggy Rao Included in Inc.com’s list of 10 Best Business Books of 2014, this book deals with how to successful grow and scale your business to maximize success. Add it on your reading list.
What’s on your summer reading list? Let me know in the comments below