When it comes to marketing, there are two main ways to hack your way to success. You can A/B test, tweak, test and re-test, until you figure out what works, or you can check out how the Pros are doing it, and start off all your testing and tweaking at a major competitive advantage. To get a better understanding about the crazy growth of LinkedIn as a social channel you just have to take a look at stats on their About Page:
- LinkedIn operates the world’s largest professional network on the Internet with more than 364 million members in over 200 countries and territories.
- Professionals are signing up to join LinkedIn at a rate of more than two new members per second.
- In Q1 2015, more than 75% of new members came to LinkedIn from outside the United States.
- There are over 39 million students and recent college graduates on LinkedIn. They are LinkedIn’s fastest-growing demographic.
Well, you can start with the basics:
- Adding a LinkedIn button on your site,
- Promoting your LinkedIn page across other social networks
- Regularly posting content, or scheduling with a tool like Buffer
- Using LinkedIn as a content platform to directly post your content
- Building a large network
- Being active in groups….
But you are probably doing all of that already (and if you are not, you should start that right about now.)
What you may not have thought about yet, but the Pros are all already doing, is promoting your LinkedIn profile via your email signature.
Why do email signatures matter? Why should you bother with one?
We all send out hundreds of emails a week, and each email you send it an opportunity to market your business. The Pros are sending out even more, and they are making sure that every single email counts as a marketing touch-point.
AppSumo founder and social entrepreneur Noah Kagan measures traffic from his email signature links, and even sends visitors to a unique landing page, where he signs them up for his great marketing tricks (highly recommended!)
So how can you maximize your email signature to drive more traffic to your LinkedIn profile?
Take a look at how the Pros do it.
Viveka von Rosen, one of the world’s leading experts on LinkedIn marketing and author of LinkedIn Marketing, An Hour A Day, uses WiseStamp’s email signature solution to create a beautiful and unique social signature, including Let’s Connect buttons to connect with her on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Neal Schaffer, social media expert and author of Maximize Your Social and Maximizing LinkedIn for Business (it’s free, grab it now!) uses lots of neat social media buttons so his email readers can connect via every channel, plus a larger Let’s Connect LinkedIn button to drive traffic to his profile.
Don’t just leave it to the Pros.
With WiseStamp you can also create a beautiful, professional traffic-driving email signature in seconds. Are you maximizing your email signature to drive traffic to your LinkedIn profile? Which other expert LinkedIn marketing tricks can you recommend? Let us know in the comments.