8 Law Firms Getting Social Media Right

getting social media right

Social media offers law firm a fantastic opportunity to connect with the industry’s influencers and thought leaders while also personally engaging with potential clients and prospects. But if you’ve been hesitant to jump into the social media waters because you aren’t sure how your law firm can take part in this new form of networking, just take a look at some of the firms that have it figured out.

 

1. Allens

Allens_FAcebook_header-compressor

Visit Allen’s Twitter account and you’ll be greeted with a lovely header and a matching profile image.  But more importantly, take a look at their feed and you’ll see that there’s a new tweet every couple of hours.

This account is clearly active, which makes it more likely to attract followers.  They also do a good a job of including hashtags in their tweets.

Allens_law_firm

2. Blumenreich Law Firm

Blumenreich_website_header-compressor

According to the 80/20 rule of social media, 80% of the content that you share should be about your customers; answering their questions, retweeting links and sharing articles that they will find valuable. The remaining 20% can be sales oriented shares.

You can see how The Blymenreich Law Firm does a good job of following this rule, in their Twitter feed, where the majority of tweets are links to outside articles that would be of interest to their followers, with the occasional sales pitch slipped in.

Blumenreich_law

3. Strom Law Firm

Strom_website_header-compressor

I mentioned in the article 11 Effective Ways to Promote Your Law Firm Online, the benefit of having a live chat feature on your firm’s website. Strom Law Firm’s integration of a chat box on their site no doubt increases engagement with their website’s visitors.

Strom_Law_Firm_chat_box

 

4. The Sam Bernstein Law Firm

Sam_Bernstein_Facebook_header-compressor

With 35K likes on their Facebook page, it’s clear that the Sam Bernsteing Law Firm is doing something right.

Here are a few valuable takeaways you can get from this page:

1. Post to Facebook regularly, at least several times a week.

2. Have a clear call-to-action, somewhere that it will be easy to find.

Sam_Bernstein_Law_firm_call_to_action

3. Respond to comments left on your Facebook page, preferably in a helpful and timely manner.

Sam Bernstein's Facebook page

5. Pace Law Firm

Pace_LawFirm_header-compressor

Videos are a great way for lawyers to demonstrate their expertise,  while also giving viewers a chance to feel connected to them by hearing their voice and seeing them in action.

Pace Law Firm has done a great job at building a video library on Youtube with a series of videos presented by their lawyers on various issues that they tackle.

Pace Law Firm on Youtube

6. Greenberg Traurig, LLP

Greenber_header-compressor

Linkedin is the social network for professionals and an excellent source for referrals. That’s why it’s a good idea for all law firms to have an optimized company page on Linkedin and to encourage all of their lawyers to create for themselves profiles.

Greenberg Traurig, LLP is an excellent example of how law firms should be using Linkedin.

They have a company page that includes a full description, with keywords, and which is regularly updated. You can also see on the sidebar that they have 3,303 employees listed on Linkedin, which likely means that most of their attorneys have profiles here.

Greenberg Traurig, LLP Linkedin company page

7. Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer

Freshfields_header-compressor(1)

Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer is another example of a law firm that knows how to use Linkedin to its full advantage. Not only do they update regularly but they also have an engaging career page with an eye-catching header and a professional video featuring a Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer employee.

Freshfield_-compressor

8. Pushor Mitchell

Pushor_Mitchell_header-compressor

A good, frequently updated blog, is a key element in having a strong online presence. It not only helps establish your firm as knowledgeable on the topics that you address but it also provides you with content to share on your social networks, which will help draw readers back to your website.

What makes a good blog? Well, it has to be interesting and appealing to your target audience. Unless your audience are lawyers, you want to avoid the legal jargon and speak in a voice that your readers will connect with. Posting at least once a week is also a good idea, because it will keep visitors (and search engines) coming back to your blog.

Take a look at Pushor Mitchell’s blog, Legal Alert, for an example on how this is done.

Legal Alert blog

Which legal firms do you know that are rocking social media?  Let us know in the comments below.

 

 

  • About
  • Latest Posts