Welcome to our guide on Google Ad Grants, an amazing program offered by Google that provides free advertising to eligible nonprofit organizations. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know about Google Ad Grants and how to make the most of this incredible opportunity.
What’s on this page
What are Google Ad grants?
Google Ad Grants is an initiative that offers free advertising on Google search result pages to eligible nonprofit organizations. The program aims to assist these organizations in connecting with people and promoting their causes, resulting in a more significant impact on society. To become eligible, organizations must join Google for Nonprofits, meet the Ad Grants’ eligibility criteria and program policies, and successfully complete the Ad Grants pre-qualification process.
Through Google for nonprofits, organizations can receive up to $10,000 USD per month in free Google Ads advertising. NGO organizations can utilize it to create and run ads that appear on Google’s search result pages. By doing so, nonprofits can reach out to a broader audience and increase their visibility, thereby enhancing their outreach and impact.
How do Google Ad Grants work?
To take advantage of this initiative, nonprofit organizations must first join Google for Nonprofits, which is a program that provides free access to various Google tools and resources.
After finishing the application process for Google for non-profit, NGOs can proceed to apply for Google Ad Grants, provided they meet the eligibility criteria and comply with the program’s policies.
Who’s eligible for Google grants?
In order to be eligible for Google Ad Grants, your nonprofit must have an active website with a valid domain name. Your website should be user-friendly, easy to navigate, and visually appealing. It should also have a clear and concise message about your organization’s mission, programs, and impact.
To be eligible for Google Ad Grants, nonprofits must also meet the following criteria:
- Be a registered nonprofit organization in their country.
- Have a valid TechSoup global account.
- Agree to the Google Ad Grants program policies.
- Not be a governmental entity or organization, academic institution, hospital or health care organization, or individual.
Once eligible for the program, nonprofits can create and run campaigns in Google Ads using their Ad Grants budget.
How to apply:
Once you determine that your organization is eligible for Google Ad Grants, you can start the application process described below:
A. Account setup – Create a Google Ads account in 6 steps
- Go to the Google Ads homepage (ads.google.com) and click on the “Start Now” button.
- Sign in with your existing Google account or create a new one if you don’t have one already.
- Once you’re signed in, you’ll be prompted to create your first campaign. However, you can also choose to skip this step and set up your account without creating a campaign yet.
- Fill out the required information for your account, including your time zone, currency, and billing information.
- Once you’ve filled out all the required fields, click on “Submit” to create your account.
- You’ll then be taken to your account dashboard, where you can start creating your first campaign.
Note: Keep in mind that creating a Google Ads account does not automatically enroll you in the Google Ad Grants program for non-profit organizations. After creating your google ads account follow the steps below to complete the registration process.
B. Complete the application process in 8 steps
- Ensure that your organization meets the eligibility requirements for the program, including having a valid charity status and complying with Google Ads policies.
- Create a Google Ads account if you haven’t already done so, and ensure that your account is set up correctly with your billing information and other details.
- Go to the Google for Nonprofits website (nonprofits.google.com) and sign up for the program if you haven’t already done so.
- Once your organization is approved for the Google for Nonprofits program, you can then apply for the Google Ad Grants program by clicking on the “Apply for Google Ad Grants” button.
- Provide the required information about your organization, including your mission statement, website URL, and intended use of the grant funds.
- Agree to the program policies and terms and conditions, and then submit your application.
- Google will review your application and may request additional information or clarification if needed. Once your application is approved, you will receive an email notification.
- Once your account is approved, you can start creating your ad campaigns by logging into your Google Ads account and setting up your ads.
Or just Follow the instructions in the video below 🙂
Welcome to Google Ad grants
Video by Google.com
How can nonprofits make the most of Google Ad Grants?
Here are some ways that nonprofits can make the most of Google Ad Grants:
- Set clear goals and objectives for your ad campaigns: Before you start creating your ads, make sure you have a clear idea of what you want to achieve with them. Set specific goals and objectives, such as increasing website traffic, donations, or volunteer sign-ups.
- Create targeted and relevant ads: Your ads should be tailored to your target audience and focused on the message or action you want them to take. Use relevant keywords, ad copy, and landing pages to ensure that your ads are compelling and effective.
- Use the right ad formats: Google Ads offers a variety of ad formats, including text ads, image ads, and video ads. Choose the format that best suits your message and target audience.
- Optimize your campaigns: Monitor your ad performance regularly and make adjustments as needed to improve your results. Use Google Analytics to track metrics such as click-through rate, conversion rate, and cost per acquisition.
- Leverage the power of remarketing: Remarketing allows you to target people who have previously visited your website or engaged with your ads. Use this feature to remind people about your organization and encourage them to take action.
- Take advantage of other Google products: Google offers a variety of other products that can help nonprofits, such as Google business profile, Google Maps, and Google Analytics. Use these tools to enhance your online presence and reach more people.
Check out our ultimate guide to non-profit marketing for more info on how to optimize for your cause.
Google Ad Grants are an incredible opportunity for eligible nonprofit organizations to reach a wider audience, increase awareness of their cause, and drive traffic to their website. By creating high-quality, relevant ads, using targeted keywords, optimizing landing pages, and tracking and analyzing performance, nonprofits can make the most of this amazing program and achieve their goals more effectively.
If you’re an eligible nonprofit organization, apply for Google Ad Grants today and start making a difference!