Whether you are the head of a growing multinational or running your own small startup from your spare room, you need a proper CEO email signature.
That is because as CEO you must position yourself as the head honcho of a business that is going places and there’s very little wiggle room when it comes to your branding – it must be powerful, it must be consistent, and it must be maximized across all channels of communication – including email.
You must position yourself as the head honcho… your email signature must be powerful, consistent and maximize across all channels.
Here at WiseStamp we see hundreds of thousands of email signatures, so we’ve seen email signatures that really maximize that blank space at the bottom of an email, and we’ve also seen email signatures that are somewhat less effective.
What does your email signature need to do for you as CEO?
Before you even begin to use a signature generator, you need to think about what your email signature will do for you and how it’s going to look on Gmail or Outlook.
The perfect email signature will tick these boxes:
- Make it easy for people to reach you
- Make it clear who you are
- Make it clear what your company does
What should a perfect CEO email signature include?
An effective CEO email signature will always contain the following:
- All your basic personal information- including your name, your position, and contact details
- All your company’s basic information- your company website, company blog, physical address if relevant
- Company’s social media channels. Your email signature is a great place to promote them.
- Your photo, or company logo – a logo is a great way to show off your company branding, but a photo is an effective way to increase email open rates and build a connection with your email contacts. See which one works for you.
- The same branding as other employees at your company. Having consistent branding across all employee emails shows your company means business. You can set this up in seconds with WiseStamp for Teams.
What should you never include in a CEO email signature?
- Too many links – too many links can make your signature look over-crowded and unprofessional. Your email signature reflects your company, so keep it streamlined.
- A wacky quote – Feel free to go creative with your signature, but it might be best to keep anything too out-there for personal emails.
- An inappropriate photo – Make sure any photo you include lives up to your professional reputation.
Getting started with a CEO mail signature
Now that we covered the do’s and don’ts, it’s time to get started. Start with a free signature maker, and once you’ve gathered some feedback, you can add advanced features to incorporate marketing offers, so you literally promote your company with every email you send.
This 90-second video will help you understand how to create an effective CEO email signature easily and quickly:
What do you include in your email signature? Let us know in the comments.