Tips for an Email Signature for Attorney
Any attorney must have a proper attorney email signature reflecting their role as a lawyer. The following are some important tips for any type of attorney to follow when creating an email signature.
Rules to follow:
- Name: Use your middle initial as recent studies show that a middle initial is associated with higher intelligence
- Title: In your title, be specific regarding what type of attorney you are (ie. patent, M&A..)
- Link: Write the firm you work for and its website
- Email: Displaying your email address is optional as your email is readily available to the recipient and if he wants to reply, he will just hit ‘reply’ and therefore doesn’t need it as a point of reference for communication.
- Photo / Logo : Although optional, it is highly recommended to display a photo giving your email signature a more personal touch. People like to be reminded that there’s a real live person on the other side of the email. If the goal of the email is to brand your firm, a logo may be more appropriate
- Colors: Mix and match colors to brand your signature. Or, match your firm’s branding scheme.
- Social: Provide easy access to your social profiles (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) enabling the recipient to stay connected with you on a professional and social level.