It is a substantial accomplishment to be accepted to law school and although you are not yet a JD, it is none the less an accomplishment worth noting when updating your email signature. The signature must reflect your professional image while providing the recipient with easy access to your contact information. The following are some important tips to upgrade and enhance the email signature for JD candidate.
- Name: Use your middle initial as recent studies show that a middle initial is associated with higher intelligence
- Title: In your title, be specific with regards to your future law school.
- Link: Include the name of the company you work for/own and if applicable, its website
- Email: Displaying your email address is optional as your email is readily available to the recipient. If he wants to reply, he will just hit ‘reply’ and therefore doesn’t need it as a point of reference for communication.
- Photo / Logo : Although optional, it is highly recommended to display a photo giving your email signature a more personal touch. People like to be reminded that there’s a real live person on the other side of the email. If the goal of the email is to brand your business, a logo may be more appropriate.
- Colors: Mix and match colors to brand your signature. That way you can be in synch with your organization’s branding scheme.
- Social: Provide easy access to your social profiles (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) enabling the recipient to stay connected with you on a professional and social level.