Email Signature for Lawyer – The 7 Rules You Must Follow
As a lawyer, your email signature must project trust as your clients entrust your professionalism with crucial life-changing events. The signature must reflect your professional image while providing the recipient with easy access to your contact information. The best way to start is with an email signature generator. Then, continue by following these important tips to upgrade and enhance the email signature for lawyer and attorney alike.
• Name: Use your middle initial as recent studies show that a middle initial is associated with higher intelligence.
• Title: In your title, be specific with regards to the type of law you practice. Add the title esq. at the end of your name for an added level of professionalism.
• Link: Include the name of the firm you work for and its website
• Email: Displaying your email address is optional as your email is readily available to the recipient. If he wants to reply, he will just hit ‘reply’ and therefore doesn’t need it as a point of reference for communication.
• Photo / Logo: Although optional, it is highly recommended to display a photo giving your email signature a more personal touch. People like to be reminded that there’s a real live person on the other side of the email. If the goal of the email is to brand your firm, a logo may be more appropriate.
• Colors: Mix and match colors to brand your signature. That way you can be in synch with your firm’s branding scheme.
• Social: Provide easy access to your social profiles (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) enabling the recipient to stay connected with your firm on a professional and social level.