Email signature for college student : A Guide
College students looking to make an impression must have a professional email signature.
Here are some useful tips to making that professional impression on any potential employers, professors, or even just friends and family to make a presentable email signature for college students.
- Use your full name. Avoid nicknames or acronyms. They don’t leave a professional impression.
- List your title. You are a student. That is just as much a profession as an attorney. Say it proudly and don’t be afraid to scream it from the roof tops. And while you’re at it, be sure to mention your major.
- List your phone number. Make it easy for the recipient to contact you using any means of communication including the oh-so confrontational telephone call.
- Don’t display your email. Many students make the mistake of displaying their email in their email signature. This is unnecessary. If the recipient wants to contact you by email, he’ll just reply to your email.
- Add a picture. An image reminds the recipient that there’s a real person on the other side of the email. Don’t forget to smile. No one wants to see a Negative Nancy in their inbox..
- Add social icons. A great way to turn heads is to add beautiful social icons giving the recipient direct access to your Linkedin, Twitter, or Facebook account.