Email Signature for independent contractor -7 The 7 Rules You Must Follow
Since an independent contractor is associated with fixing or improving a home, your email signature must reflect trust and reliability. It must reflect your talent and professional image while providing easy access to your contact information. The following are some important tips to upgrade and enhance the email signature for independent contractor.
- Name: Use your middle initial as recent studies show that a middle initial is associated with higher intelligence
- Title: In your title, be specific regarding your field of expertise. If applicable, don’t forget to add the type of work you specialize in.
- Link: Include the name of the company you work for/own and if applicable, its website
- Email: Displaying your email address is optional as your email is readily available to the recipient. If he wants to reply, he will just hit ‘reply’ and therefore doesn’t need it as a point of reference for communication.
- Photo / Logo : Although optional, it is highly recommended to display a photo giving your email signature a more personal touch. People like to be reminded that there’s a real live person on the other side of the email. If the goal of the email is to brand your business, a logo may be more appropriate.
- Colors: Mix and match colors to brand your signature. That way you can be in synch with your organization’s branding scheme.
- Social: Provide easy access to your social profiles (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) enabling the recipient to stay connected with you on a professional and social level.