Email Signature for Job Seeker – 7 Tips to Land the Job
When looking for a job, it is important to have a professional email signature. But how can you have a professional email signature when you don’t have a profession? The following are some important tips to upgrade and enhance the email signature for Jjob seeker.
- Name: Use your middle initial as recent studies show that a middle initial is associated with higher intelligence
- Title: In your title, instead of mentioning your title, mention your skill (ie. contractor, salesman, graphic designer..).
- Link: If applicable, Include the name of the company you work for/own its website. If not leave it blank.
- Email: Displaying your email address is optional as your email is readily available to the recipient. If he wants to reply, he will just hit ‘reply’ and therefore doesn’t need it as a point of reference for communication.
- Photo / Logo : Although optional, it is highly recommended to display a photo giving your email signature a more personal touch. People like to be reminded that there’s a real live person on the other side of the email. If the goal of the email is to brand your business, a logo may be more appropriate.
- Colors: Mix and match colors to brand your signature. Bright colors express positive feelings. Use them.
- Social: Provide easy access to your social profiles (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) enabling the recipient to stay connected with you on a professional and social level.