Email signature for nurses – The 7 Rules You Must Follow
You are a nurse, which means people trust you by placing their lives in your hands. That’s why it is important to express this trust with a professional email signature for a nurse. Start by easily generating one with a signature creator, and then, just follow these simple rules to make it stand out:
- Name: Use your middle initial as recent studies show that a middle initial is associated with higher intelligence
- Title: In your title, be specific regarding your field. Express what type of nurse you are.
- Link: Include your hospital or HMO name, and its website.
- Email: Displaying your email address is optional as your email is readily available to the recipient and if he wants to reply, he will just hit ‘reply’ and therefore doesn’t need it as a point of reference for communication.
- Photo / Logo : Although optional, it is highly recommended to display a photo giving your email signature a more personal touch. People like to be reminded that there’s a real live person on the other side of the email. If the goal of the email is to brand your hospital, a logo may be more appropriate
- Colors: Mix and match colors to brand your signature. That way you can be in synch with your organization’s branding scheme.
- Social: Provide easy access to your social profiles (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) enabling the recipient to stay connected with your hospital on a professional and social level.