- Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else’s.Billy Wilder
- The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad.Salvador Dali
- It’s better to give than to receive. Especially advice.Mark Twain
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.Mark Twain
- READ MORE …
- Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.T. S. Elliot
- All that we are is the result of what we have thought.Buddha
- Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.Ralph Waldo Emerson
- You see things; and you say “Why?” But I dream things that never were; and I say “Why not?”George Bernard Shaw
- It was a high counsel that I once heard given to a young person, “Always do what you are afraid to do.”Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Whenever I hear, “It can’t be done,” I know I’m close to success.Michael Flatley
- The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can’t be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it.Fosdick, Harry Emerson
- Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.Dale Carnegie
- A professional is someone who can do his best work when he doesn’t feel like it.Alistair Cooke
- Without hard work and discipline it is difficult to be a top professional.Jahangir Khan
- Part of the success of This American Life, I think, is due to the fact that none of us sound like we should be on the radio. We don’t sound professional; we sound like people you would know.Sarah Vowell
- Everything happens to everybody sooner or later if there is time enough.George Bernard Shaw
- Lost time is never found again.Benjamin Franklin
- Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them.Dion Boucicault
- Time is money.Benjamin Franklin
- READ MORE …
- Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you.Carl Sandburg
- Those who have succeeded at anything and don’t mention luck are kidding themselves.Larry King
- Action is the foundational key to all success.Pablo Picasso
- What is success? I think it is a mixture of having a flair for the thing that you are doing; knowing that it is not enough, that you have got to have hard work and a certain sense of purpose.Margaret Thatcher
- Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success. Dale Carnegie
- READ MORE …
- Don’t aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.David Frost
- I honestly think it is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate.George Burns
- In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.Bill Cosby
- Most people give up just when they’re about to achieve success. They quit on the one yard line. They give up at the last minute of the game one foot from a winning touchdown.Ross Perot
- Success has a simple formula: do your best, and people may like it.Sam Ewing
- The ladder of success is best climbed by stepping on the rungs of opportunity.Ayn Rand
- Information is not knowledge.Albert Einstein
- Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense.Gertrude Stein
- Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant.Mitchell Kapor
- The information is in the people, not in your head.Edward T. Hall
- READ MORE …
- The most interesting information comes from children, for they tell all they know and then stop.Mark Twain
- Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.Lord Tennyson
- The winner is the chef who takes the same ingredients as everyone else and produces the best results. Edward de Bono
- To open a shop is easy, to keep it open is an art. Chinese Proverbs
- The men who have succeeded are men who have chosen one line and stuck to it. Andrew Carnegie
- Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. Henry Ford
- READ MORE …
- Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision. Peter Drucker
- A joke is a very serious thing. Winston Churchill
- If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question? Lily Tomlin
- Oh, so they have internet on computers now! Homer Simpson
- If something goes wrong at the plant, blame the guy who can’t speak English. Homer Simpson
- The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about. Oscar Wilde
- The more things are forbidden, the more popular they become. Mark Twain
- Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened. Dr. Seuss
- Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. Oscar Wilde
- READ MORE …
- Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire; you will what you imagine; and at last you create what you will. George Bernard Shaw
- Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it. Henry David Thoreau
- No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt
- We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. Aristotle
- The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke
It seems that everything today is a brand, where you work, what you buy, what you listen to and… yourself?
Yes, even yourself.
Branding yourself as a source of knowledge, great ideas or experience can help you with your professional as well as your personal relationships. One of the best tools to strengthen your personal brand is your email signature.
- Here I am – Add your profile picture to make your emails personal.
- My interests – Use social icons to lead to your LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- What I care about – Share your latest tweet or what’s new on your Facebook page
- More about… me – Send people to your personal identity / Splash page.
This is a hot arena with great free tools Doo.Id, About.me, Follr and Flavors.me
- Last but by all means not least – start your own blog.
This is a great opportunity to show your know how, opinions and skills.
Use the RSS or WordPress email app to share what’s on your mind.
In today’s economic climate, many of us find ourselves looking for a new job, a better position or snoop the job market “just in case”.
Your email signature can be an efficient tool in landing that dream job of yours. In this short article we’ll examine some of the options you have.
To start off you need to decide if you are openly looking for a new job or is your search discrete.
If you are publicly looking for a new job:
- Both ResumeBucket and VisualCV let you create a free online resume. All you need to do is link to your resume in your email signature.
- You can change the title before the social icons to say something like “I’m looking for new opportunities”
- Add a LinkedIn email app – this will allow people to easily view your profile and appreciate your experience
- Are you a Freelancer? You can open a profile @ DoNanza that will let people hire you straight from your signature
- Start off with adding the LinkedIn email app– make sure your LinkedIn profile make it comfortable to people to contact you with job offers. e.g. keep your profie available for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- Consider writing a blog. Than, use the RSS email app to show your latest post. If your posts show your quality and skill, when you email potential employers they might be impressed and contact you
- Set a personal email signature leading to your online resume as explained above. Make sure only to email it to your trusted friends and family and ask them to be discrete about it!
One of the most effective ways to enrich your signatures is share content from a blog. This is why our Feed email app is one of the top ranking in our gallery.
How do I use the Feed email app?
- Go to the Feed email app page and click “Add to WiseStamp” (or “Download”).
- Add a link (URL) to your RSS feed
- To find a URL, go to the blog / page and look for “RSS”, “Feed” or the orange icon
- Example of URLs : http://feeds.feedburner.com/my-blog or anything ending with .xml
What Feeds should I use?
For those of you that didn’t give this a try, here are a few ideas to make your email more effective:
- Do you write a blog? Add your latest posts! This will help position you as a professional and a source of knowledge
- Make your email attractive with feeds from professional blogs and sites. For example:
- Like Tech? Try adding the feed of Techcrunch, Mashable, GigaOm, LifeHacker etc.
- News fanatic? NPR, ABC, BBC, CNN
- Environmentalist? Worldgreen, National Geographic, WWF
- You get the point!
In our own private rat race we often forget to stop and think about what is important to us. Fighting poverty, protecting those who can’t protect themselves, helping the environment and so much more.
We were looking for a way to make WiseStamp a tool to show support and help those causes we care about and we finally came up with the My Causes Email App.
Now you can support your favorite cause by adding it to your email signature. When you email your friends and colleagues they will see a banner of your chosen cause which they can easily donate to, share on facebook or twitter or even add to their own email signature.
Want to add the Google Chrome for a Cause App to your emails? – Follow these simple steps:
- Install WiseStamp Google Chrome for a cause .
- Open the WiseStamp editor (click the WiseStamp icon and then “Open WiseStamp”)
- In the Apps tab, click the My Causes App and click the “Add” icon. Choose the cause or causes you care about (WiseStamp will choose one of them randomly ans present it in when you send an email).
Thanks for making the world a little bit better!