It seems that everything today is a brand, where you work, what you buy, what you listen to and… yourself?
Yes, even yourself.
Branding yourself as a source of knowledge, great ideas or experience can help you with your professional as well as your personal relationships. One of the best tools to strengthen your personal brand is your email signature.
- Here I am – Add your profile picture to make your emails personal.
- My interests – Use social icons to lead to your LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- What I care about – Share your latest tweet or what’s new on your Facebook page
- More about… me – Send people to your personal identity / Splash page.
This is a hot arena with great free tools Doo.Id, About.me, Follr and Flavors.me
- Last but by all means not least – start your own blog.
This is a great opportunity to show your know how, opinions and skills.
Use the RSS or WordPress email app to share what’s on your mind.
In today’s economic climate, many of us find ourselves looking for a new job, a better position or snoop the job market “just in case”.
Your email signature can be an efficient tool in landing that dream job of yours. In this short article we’ll examine some of the options you have.
To start off you need to decide if you are openly looking for a new job or is your search discrete.
If you are publicly looking for a new job:
- Both ResumeBucket and VisualCV let you create a free online resume. All you need to do is link to your resume in your email signature.
- You can change the title before the social icons to say something like “I’m looking for new opportunities”
- Add a LinkedIn email app – this will allow people to easily view your profile and appreciate your experience
- Are you a Freelancer? You can open a profile @ DoNanza that will let people hire you straight from your signature
If you are secretly looking for a job you’ll have to be more ambiguous about it:
- Start off with adding the LinkedIn email app– make sure your LinkedIn profile make it comfortable to people to contact you with job offers. e.g. keep your profie available for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- Consider writing a blog. Than, use the RSS email app to show your latest post. If your posts show your quality and skill, when you email potential employers they might be impressed and contact you
- Set a personal email signature leading to your online resume as explained above. Make sure only to email it to your trusted friends and family and ask them to be discrete about it!
Good luck and let’s hope you are a few emails away from a job that will make you wake up smiling!
One of the most effective ways to enrich your signatures is share content from a blog. This is why our Feed email app is one of the top ranking in our gallery.
How do I use the Feed email app?
- Go to the Feed email app page and click “Add to WiseStamp” (or “Download”).
- Add a link (URL) to your RSS feed
- To find a URL, go to the blog / page and look for “RSS”, “Feed” or the orange icon
- Example of URLs : http://feeds.feedburner.com/my-blog or anything ending with .xml
What Feeds should I use?
For those of you that didn’t give this a try, here are a few ideas to make your email more effective:
- Do you write a blog? Add your latest posts! This will help position you as a professional and a source of knowledge
- Make your email attractive with feeds from professional blogs and sites. For example:
- Like Tech? Try adding the feed of Techcrunch, Mashable, GigaOm, LifeHacker etc.
- News fanatic? NPR, ABC, BBC, CNN
- Environmentalist? Worldgreen, National Geographic, WWF
- You get the point!
In our own private rat race we often forget to stop and think about what is important to us. Fighting poverty, protecting those who can’t protect themselves, helping the environment and so much more.
We were looking for a way to make WiseStamp a tool to show support and help those causes we care about and we finally came up with the My Causes Email App.
Now you can support your favorite cause by adding it to your email signature. When you email your friends and colleagues they will see a banner of your chosen cause which they can easily donate to, share on facebook or twitter or even add to their own email signature.
Want to add the Google Chrome for a Cause App to your emails? – Follow these simple steps:
- Install WiseStamp Google Chrome for a cause .
- Open the WiseStamp editor (click the WiseStamp icon and then “Open WiseStamp”)
- In the Apps tab, click the My Causes App and click the “Add” icon. Choose the cause or causes you care about (WiseStamp will choose one of them randomly ans present it in when you send an email).
Thanks for making the world a little bit better!